New Member Introductions!

Because I feel it’s nice for everyone to respond to an individual member - I created a new forum where new members can introduce themselves. This way, this one topic doesn’t get out of control.

I’m locking this topic just to make sure it doesn’t get used anymore - If you are a new member, please just create a new topic introducing yourself :slight_smile:

sorry read the post after

Where do you live? Austin, TX

How did you get started? Was a structural steel welder for 7 years, quit to start a furniture making business. It’s going well and wanted to get into smithing to give my pieces that extra detail. At least that’s what I tell my wife, not that i’ll be making knives all winter.

How long have you been in the craft? I guess today is the first day. About to hardwire the induction forge and put together a water heat exchanger for it.

What has been your most proud project to date? None yet, but I’m excited once I finish this and the CNC plasma table what they can do together

Where do you live? Upstate NY

How did you get started? A good question, but who doesn’t like fire and big hammers!

How long have you been in the craft? It’s a complicated question. In some sense, about 45 years, but in reality just a few months.

What has been your most proud project to date? From a pure blacksmithing stand point, I’ve only made some of the required tools and a few hook knives.