New Member Introductions

Hi! New on here from northwest Washington.

Hey there. I’m from jersey and am just getting into it. Only issue now is finding a forge but that isn’t to hard

Hey all, I’m from norther Arizona, 26 years old, and have been blacksmithing off and on since I was around ten. Now mind you, i was a ten year old that was raised to sing and dance with Mary Poppins and sew. My older sister when I was 11 told me to get her a phillips screwdriver and I didn’t know what that was. My mother raised me obviously. So I had a lot to learn. I honestly don’t remember what got me started, but I do remember stacking some bricks, building a fire, fanning it with a chunk of cardboard, and getting my first cherry heat. Used a framing hammer and a rock. I made knives since that point, although I steered away from blacksmithing to the removal method. But 3 years ago, I had a coworker tell me about his ten year old son forging with a small propane forge they built together. He went home and made me one. He asked 100 bucks for it and I was back to blacksmithing. I smith on most of my downtime, but have to keep a more steady job for now. I made and sold a knife to another coworker that I am pretty proud of. Railroad spike that hardened beautifully. Brass guard with mesquite handles and copper pins.