New guy knows very little to nothing

Ok I am a 46 year old father of 4 sons and married to the same wife for 28 years. I love woodworking and most art fields, hunting , fishing, dumpster diving( I work for a local garbage company, LOL). I have a bad habit of wanting to try pretty much of anything constructive or destructive. I hope to learn a lot here.

Yes its true the only thing I know about blacksmithing is what I have seen online, on TV, or in books. I have no coal but I have a forge made from a brake drum and am building one from a grill. I have a broken anvil, the horn is broke off but I have both pieces, I also have a railroad track about 10 to 12 inches long and a block of steel as well as a few steel plates I can beat on. the only tools I have are hammers, pliers, and general everyday tools not much for blacksmithing.

Hey Robin! Welcome to Blacksmith Forums.

Sounds like you got a pretty good set up to start you off, working at a garbage company probably helps with finding some of the odds and ends things for sure!

The nice thing about blacksmithing is it’s a “Tools to make tools” type hobby, once you get started you can make pretty much everything.

Happy to have you aboard and looking forward to your posts!

Visit Blacksmith Gifts for shirts, caps, and more | Buy, sell, or trade Blacksmith Tools at Blacksmith Trading Post

Created and Maintained by Little Acorn