Free Coal to the First Take

Good evening to all you blacksmiths out there. I am brand new to the forum and know little to nothing about the craft. Over the years I have had the opportunity to observe my uncle in Louisiana make molds and pour sand castings in his foundry. Apparently the man has iron in his blood because after retirement he jumped into the world of blacksmithing with both feet and has loved every minute of it.

The reason I joined the forum tonight is because I have a large amount of coal that I have absolutely no idea what to do with. I have two 55 gallon drums of it in the basement of my house that was built in 1928. I will haul it out of the basement as long as someone is willing to come get it. No charge.

I am located in Springfield, Ohio. We are on I-70 in between Dayton and Columbus (GO BUCKS!) If any of you are interested, or know someone who is, you can email me msmccuistion@gmail.com.

Thank you for your time and I hope someone is able to put it to use.

Thanks,
Matt McCuistion

That’s one heck of an offer wish I was closer! That would be a spendy drive from eastern Washington. Hopefully someone can put it to use

This forum is pretty slow compared to other blacksmithing forums. If you get no reply’s here there are other places to advertise it that get way more traffic

Generous off Matt! I’m sure we can find someone for that coal, I’ll put some feelers out for ya.