Wondering the age difference of the smiths who use this site could you comment your age below?
I myself am 12

Cool. Keep doing what you’re doing.

I’m 48.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Blacksmith Forums Mobile App

I’m 13

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Wow! Keep up with what you’re doing, lads. Great skill knows no boundaries, even age. :slight_smile:

Well sunshine: I have a good sixty years on you, I may not be as agile as you are (now) but I am as clear as a cloudy day.

You may call me Gramps:

1 Like

im 15 myself,
hoping im still going to be going when i get to your age

29 and just getting started. Hope I can learn something from all of you!

32 here :slight_smile:

19 started about 4 years ago

I’m right there with Dordtrecht5,
You youngbloods keep on keeping on. Good to see young guys wanting to learn an age old craft and take pride in working with their hands. Don’t see much of that nowadays it seems.

1 Like

17 started last year.

16 here and quite a newbie

im 14 but i started at 11 blacksmithing and blade smithing and jewelry making

1 Like
  1. I’m very impressed of the young guys. I hope you keep at it. This craft needs to live on forever.

I am 16, I started about 4 years ago

1 Like

I just turned twenty-four…but thanks to the 12 year old blacksmith I feel like an old geezer now hahaha.

18 Made first knife at 17. But jeezus guys working steel at 11 is dangerous! Which is why I kinda doubt it. I mean your parents would not let you do that, would they?!

I’m 23. And unfortunately only just now starting.
Much to my own disappointment

I’m 34 years old, I’m still learning but I’ve been a fan of the trade for the past 10years

14 going on 15, just getting started but have learned much from YouTube and some smiths I’ve talked to